Wednesday, January 14, 2009

100th Post!

Well, in honor the 100th post, here is my list of 100 things about me.

1. I am 27.

2. My husband is 30 (this was slightly tramatic for him).

3. We met while I was casually dating a friend of his. Not the most romantic story about meeting, but it's the truth.

4. We have 2 children (this is my biggest accomplishment).

5. Our son, Tyler, is 4. He makes me laugh on a daily basis.

6. Sophie, our daughter is 20 months. She has facial expressions that melt my heart.

7. I have my dream job, well almost.

8. I teach 3rd and 4th grade.

9. It would be my dream job if it were full time (and not .65 FTE).

10. It took me seven years to finish my bachelors degree.

11. And 6 colleges.

12. I took classes that whole time.

13. I graduated for the College of St. Catherine.

14. I never thought that I would attend an all-women college.

15. Eventhough I enjoyed my time at St. Kate's, I will regret everyday that I am not a Gustavus Adolphus alum.

16. I talk to my mom everyday, usually more than once.

17. I talk to my grandma daily too.

18. I believe in God. I was raised Lutheran and I happy to bring my children up in that faith.

19. Jon and I were married on my grandparents 51 anniversary.

20. I am so proud that we share that day with such devoted and loving people.

21. My grandpa recently passed away (9/21/08).

22. This is the first major loss in my life.

23. I think about him daily. I miss him!

24. When Sophie or Tyler talk about him I am so grateful that they were able to know him.

25. I have traveled to Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Austria, and Germany.

26. I did so before the age of 18.

27. And, without my parents (it was with an ambassador group and two school groups).

28. Jon and I went to Cabo San Lucas Mexico for our honeymoon.

29. It was the most relaxing week of my life.

30. Frequently, I wonder if our family is complete.

31. I think that it probably is...

32. I don't know if I am a peace with that.

33. However, it is the financially responsible decision.

34. I worked as an Administrative Assistant for 3 years during college.

35. I also spent a year as a special education paraprofessional.

36. I learned so much in that year.

37. I love listening to music.

38. Cities 97 is typically my favorite station.

39. I really dislike morning and afternoon radio because there is too much talking.

40. My husband recently got me an iPod Nano.

41. It is fantastic!

42. I love reading other people's blogs.

43. Facebook amuses me. 140 friends?! I wish.

44. I once weighed 230 pounds.

45. Then, I lost weight and was 140 pounds.

46. I was not healty at 140 pounds.

47. Jon and I have both put on weight.

48. We are now working to lose it in a healthy manner, and to make a lifestyle change.

49. I have fears that our children will grow up and be chubby.

50. They are both at healthy weights (near the 50th percentile).

51. However, that fear is my biggest motivation for losing weight and changing our lifestyle.

52. Jon and I are going to Mexico in March.

53. He won the trip for being Manager of the Year for his company.

54. We both would love to travel to England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France...

55. Tennis is my favorite sport.

56. I wish I had more time to play (besides in our driveway).

57. I also wish that I made more time for leisure reading.

58. Lauren is like a sister to me.

59. I miss her (she is so busy and our paths don't cross as often as they should).

60. We live in suburbia.

61. We used to live near the city.

62. I miss the close proximity to arts, restaraunts, and culture; however I love our house and neighborhood now.

63. I drive a Jeep Liberty.

64. I took piano lessons for five years.

65. Chipotle is my favorite "quick service" restaraunt.

66. I enjoy singing. Music is a wonderful outlet for me.

67. I was in choir for many years.

68. I miss it.

69. I would love to join our church choir, and probably will once Jon doesn't have to have a second job (which is evenings).

70. I am an only child.

71. My parents are divorced.

72. No, I am not a traumatized from it. Frankly, I don't ever remember them being together (they divorced when I was 2).

73. My mom and step-dad walked me down the aisle (and yes, my dad was at our wedding too).

74. I have a brother in law and a sister in law.

75. I really do like my in-laws.

76. My favorite book is "Educating Esme".

77. Barenaked Ladies are probably my favorite band, although I do really like most music.

78. I am really nervous about my employment for next school year (budget cuts).

79. It will be a long wait until April when I know what my status will be.

80. We are really behind on developing photos.

81. I don't have a favorite color.

82. However, I do prefer some colors for certain things. Black is my favorite sweater color.

83. Pandora.com is my savior at work.

84. I really liked my middle school student teaching placement.

85. I have my teaching license in elementary education with a 5-8 endorsement in social studies.
86. I took fours years of German.

87. I really like my cousins (especially Potatie and Buca).

88. I enjoy being outside...

89. In the summer (or spring or fall).

90. Winter is my least favorite season. I don't like being cold.

91. I worked at a drug store during high school.

92. I think Scrubs is hilarious (although I end up watching it in re-runs).

93. I have never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy. Crazy, I know.

94. I used to bite my nails.

95. I quit in the late 90's (at the same time my mom quit smoking - teamwork).

96. Mexican food is delicious and I could eat it numerous times a week.

97. But, I don't. My family leans towards the americana or italian items.

98. Making more time for friends is a goal that I have for this year.

99. This is not my only goal.

100. I hope to have 100 more interesting things to add to this blog when I reach post 200.

2 comments:

simplicity said...

I love posts like this. Your list is great Sara. Can't believe you've never seen Greys! I remember "fondly" our trip to Russia! :) It was fun to read as many things I knew already and many I didn't. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

And that is just the beginning of your multi-faceted self. I love you Mrs. Edwards. Heres to hundreds more